On 12/5/20 3:49 PM, Tim Wicinski wrote:
Michael

I don't see john's comments as ad hominem.  He's describing how his mail system interprets mail flow.

But I do think a lot of this discussion is getting into very esoteric cases. I'd suggest trying to put your thoughts into a draft we can sit and chew on.

Wow, you don't see the last line as questioning my intelligence? The two of them have been tag teaming me to get me thrown off of here since I returned just like they did on the DKIM list which I finally left because it wasn't worth their nastiness. I'll probably do the same here since the chairs seem to not care about their continuing hostility, but I will always have the fact that myself and two others created and wrote DKIM well before IETF came into the picture and the politics and credit seeking personalities it brings.

Mike

Tim

    <mailto:dd59f2f3-b17e-6c2b-f756-7dcad2702...@mtcc.com>> you write:
    >> If ARC is advocating for a bypass of p=reject that introduces a new
    >> state. If my policy is reject, I want you to reject the mail.
    If I want
    >> you to reject the mail unless you think it has come from an
    acceptable
    >> place with receipts, then you need a new policy tag like
    >> reject-except-valid-arc.
    > Other people will have to speak for themselves but on my system
    >
    > a) I don't believe you.
    >
    > 2) I don't care.
    >
    > I think you will find this reaction pretty common.
    >
    > I see lots of mail going through my system like the stuff I
    described
    > for the town clerk. It is obvious who it is intended for, the
    only way
    > to deliver it to that recipient is to forward it, and if the DMARC
    > policy says not to do that, the policy is wrong. I don't even
    need ARC
    > for that, although ARC can be useful for mail that takes indirect
    > routes for the mailing lists they subscribe to.
    >
    > You can say, no I am smarter than those guys and I REALLY REALLY
    mean
    > it, but see 2) above.

    Can you keep your contempt for me off this list? This is not even
    responsive to what I wrote, and is nothing more than an ad hominem.

    And  your anecdotal evidence drawn from a tiny system is very suspect.

    Mike