On 1/5/21 3:44 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 1/5/2021 2:57 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:

Oh?  A trust indicator to a user, flagging a domain name, isn't pretty much the same?  Please explain.

Pretty much != same.

A trust indicator, to a user, flagging a domain name. Essentially the same user-oriented mechanism. Web vs. email.  Why and how does that make a difference?

The extensive experience with the web EV experiment has been that it does NOT make a difference.  Since you seem to dismiss this web experience, please explain why it is not relevant to the current topic.

I'm dismissing nothing. That is a strawman. I already said why its problematic to compare the two which apparently you did dismissing and why it's preferable to have an apples-apples comparison.

The study was directly about email. If you read it, the authors were also skeptical about the efficacy.

Exactly.  Thank you for noting that.  But, then, it raises the question of why you cited it as demonstrating meaningful efficacy for signalling DMARC results to end users?

Quit cutting out needed context to make your points. The study directly contradicts your categorical statement. Your issue is with the study's authors not me. Quit shooting the messenger.

Mike, this is just silly. and typical. I'm done.