On 1/6/21 7:17 AM, Dotzero wrote:You are literally telling me what I knew at the time. It was a lot of the reason that we got push back to form the DKIM working group. It wasn't until I read that paper that I got some concrete feel for how it affected things, and that was 16 years later. The biggest change for the better was senders closing open relays. It's still not clear that DKIM had any affect on that.

    Mike

No, you are literally telling everyone else how things were. In fact, there was a lot of data. You are the one who claimed that everything was in your head and the rest of us have no clue. - "DKIM itself was a leap of faith" and that we were doing things based on opinion and conjecture. It did not take 16 years for there to be data. There was data before DK and IIM were merged to form DKIM.

What data? Data that showed what? That's completely news to me. You weren't even part of the informal group who caused DKIM to be created, iirc.

Mike