>The list seems to be digging in because no one has raised a use case that
>shows a need to revisit the text. This was made worse by asserting that
>reports must be authenticated, when the text already makes that clear.

I think the use case is my proposed https reporting. If you think it
would be useful to allow domain authentication, it's easy enough to
say that the client SHOULD send a client certificate. Nobody will, but
every https server and client library I know supports client certs so
it's not hard to implement.

I continue to believe that authenticating the domain sending reports
is of no value, since there is no way to tell what if any connection
that domain has to the IPs in an aggregate report or the IPs or
domains in a failure report. If I wanted to send fake gmail failure
reports, I would register gmail-reports.com and send 100% perfectly
aligned fake reports from that domain.

R's,
John