In article <2e39680f-ed2d-fa38-daaa-7e0627cf0...@tana.it> you write:
>> My MTA adds an SPF clause in the A-R header whether or not there's a null
>> bounce address.
>
>How can it report, say, fail for helo and pass for mfrom in just one clause?

It doesn't.  It reports whatever the SPF library returns.

I'm fairly sure that every DMARC implementation uses an SPF library and uses
whatever the SPF library returns, so I don't see the point of this argument.

>>> OTOH, properly implemented SPF verifiers could skip producing a Mail From
>>> result if the helo identity was verified successfully.
>>
>> No, they could not.  That's not what the SPF spec says.

Sorry, that's not what the DMARC spec says.

Once again, what problem are we solving here?  Can we stop now?

R's,
John