There is some commented out code to not pass a HELO result to DMARC, don't remember why I turned it off.

I’m lost in a double negative here: did you turn off passing a HELO result to DMARC, or did you turn off not passing a HELO result?

The live code uses whichever result it has. The commented out code only used a MAIL FROM result.

Again, I believe this is typical of what DMARC validators do. It's existing practice and I see no reason to change it. Can we stop now?

If you found that you needed to turn off something that’s part of the DMARC spec, it would be good to understand why.

I believe that what I am doing matches the spec.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY