On 3/25/2021 2:23 PM, John R Levine wrote:
While I am not opposed to a future tweak to DMARC to add some way to say that A can sign for B, even if we did it, it would be a long time if ever that DMARC verifiers implement it. RFC 6541 added a third-party signature option to DKIM in 2012, and after nine years, nobody implements it.

Wildcat! SMTP implements RFC6541 "Authorized Third Party Signature" (ATPS)/ I'm sure I am not the only one and/or others have the options to enable it.

There are wizard for ADSP+ATPS and DMARC+ATPS:

https://secure.winserver.com/public/wcADSP
https://secure.winserver.com/public/wcDMARC

It works in proving the assertion by a 1st party Author Domain authorization for the existence of a specific 3rd party signer domain signature. Results are stamped in "Authorization-Results" header.

Add "atps=1" to your DMARC record and create a ATPS record to authorize 3rd party signature domains.

These domains are authorized to resign mail for the domain isdg.net

jchjykxmwknbyfge2bg4td6add264olh._atps TXT ( "v=atps01; d=winserver.com;" )
kjshf2duqstols65zbhuytbbyr3zdecf._atps TXT   ( "v=atps01; d=gmail.com;" )
lykm653kj7yxeia665va7lszzthcx7jj._atps TXT ( "v=atps01; d=beta.winserver.com;" )
pq6xadozsi47rluiq5yohg2hy3mvjyoo._atps TXT   ( "v=atps01; d=ietf.org;" )
tudfisabn5dz3vjm2kxcehc5attdbqh6._atps TXT ( "v=atps01; d=santronics.com;" )

It can be managed like any other system.

This allows receivers to support a MAILING LIST that has resigned mail - the key problem we had since ADSP and now since DMARC because DMARC never bothered to even address the main concern with ADSP - the lack of a method to authorized a 3rd party.

ATPS offers it.

As to why the IETF.ORG mailing list does not support it or explore it and has chosen instead to rewrite, I don't know, but its so simple --- a DNS Lookup without any 5322.From tampering.

--
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com