On October 30, 2021 6:20:19 PM UTC, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>On Fri 29/Oct/2021 23:29:13 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:

>>> Yup.  I think I was the first person to propose a tree-walk, so here is
>>> roughly what I was thinking:
>>>
>>> The problem with organizational domain is that it is ill-defined.  It waves
>>> its hands and says to use something like the PSL, and in practice everyone
>>> uses the PSL.
>

>That usage has proven to work quite well.  And some respect for the installed
>base wouldn't hurt.

The alternative I suggested is 100% compatible with the installed base.  If a
domain has published DMARC policy per RFC 7489, the proposed new approach will
still find it.  I agree that something which would require existing DMARC
records to be changed would be a non-starter.

I'm not sure how much more respectful we can manage to be.

 Scott K