It appears that Alessandro Vesely  <ves...@tana.it> said:

>Yes, but would PSL-based DMARC filters have to be re-written, re-tested,
>re-installed?

If we make any changes at all to DMARC, people will have to update their code.
That's not a very compelling argument.

>Another criterion, beside tree-walk and PSL, could be to look at the d= tag of
>the DKIM signatures that are aligned with the From: domain.  Would that be
>semantically equivalent to the procedure described in the current Section
>6.7.2?

I don't understand what you're proposing.  Are you saying to look for DMARC
records at
the d= domains in the signatures on a message?  What if it has no signatures
but might
be SPF aligned?

>The concept of Organizational Domain is still useful for receivers, as it
>helps
>setting up reputation databases.

Sure.  You get the org domain via the tree walk.

> In this respect, the PSL is also useful
>outside the DMARC protocol; for example, to get the organizational domain of
>HELO arguments.

I don't immediately see the utility of the org domain of the HELO unless you're
checking SPF on a bounce, but why wouldn't you do the same tree walk?

R's,
John