Why.

Walk one, jump to five, and then walk up adds complexity and matches no current
behavior.

Complexity for complexities sake is a bad idea.  Has anyone posted to this list
that they are having an actual problem that this would solve?

Also, it usually results in  clearer communication when you use the terminology
that other people use instead of making up your own.  You're making
distinctions that don't exist.  In example.com, example is the "host part" and
it's hosts all the way down.

Scott K