Correct, but you cannot query _dmarc.host1.domain because host1 is not a
DNS domain, even though it can be a mail sender and receiver

I wish DMARCv1 had not created this anomaly by using subdomains, but it is
too late to fix.

Do we leave these as anomalies, or give them the best available DMARC
participation by ensuring that their parent policy is checked?