All of the spf issues spply to dmarc as well.
.
But I still assert that the answer is that these addresses are intended for
inbound only and that the problem is unsolvable if they are used for
outbound.

Verisign could certainly do something different, but it is not in their
interest to do so.

This is identical to alumni forwarding services.   They work for inbound
but cannot be authenticated for outbound