On Wed 13/Jul/2022 07:12:25 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
If we want a migration period, some kind of hybrid model might work: Do the DNS tree walk, but at each step, if you find you've hit a name that's present in the PSL, you can stop and pretend you found a marker you're looking for.  When those markers are all (or mostly) actually published, then stop doing that.  For bonus points, find some non-DoS way to notify those operators that they really should be publishing the missing markers.  (The 1990s DNS "lame delegation" stuff comes to mind.)  We just need to remember that SPF had a not-so-great transition plan, so we need to be careful how we craft this one.

Uh? manuals recommend to look up WHOIS to determine the owner of domains reported to suffer lame delegation and contact them... Nowadays, contacts for domain names are not available that way.

We could hijack reporting addresses, though.

Best