On Tue 19/Jul/2022 14:32:53 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:
On July 19, 2022 8:33:04 AM UTC, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
On Mon 18/Jul/2022 12:18:00 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:
On July 18, 2022 9:37:25 AM UTC, Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

The reason I want to change it is that a mail From: <faked@com> brings the tree
walk process to conclude that .com is an organizational domain, which is wrong.

Since com. doesn't have a DMARC record, the case is already addressed.

Ah, ok.  Sorry, I didn't understand that it was a precondition.  The numbered
steps look like the algorithm to determine the org domain, embedded into a
guide to message authentication.

Does the change I emailed yesterday make that more clear?

Yeah, calling it a for loop limits its extent somewhat. Its the previous paragraph which introduces some extra generality:

   To discover the Organizational Domain for a domain, perform the DNS
   Tree Walk described in Section 4.6 as needed for any of the domains
   in question.

Perhaps it could be omitted at this point, or reworded eliminating that /for a domain/.

Best