Laura's faith in developers exceeds mine.  Having just completed a second
survey of commercial products, I found very few that could handle all of
the most needed exception conditions.

For mailing lists, the exception rule is easy:

If SMTP address = List address (or list domain)  and SPF PASS, then ignore
DMARC enforcement.

If a product offers the necessary exception capability, and the system
admin is responsive to user needs, the problem is solved with a support
ticket.

If the system admin does not wish to meet the needs of his users, or cannot
be convinced to trust the list, there is nothing that we can do.  System
admins will always block messages that they do not trust.

But if the problem is lack of product features, we can address that problem.

Ergo, we cannot induce AOL to stop enforcing P=reject for inbound messages
from mailing lists.

But we can document what is necessary for trusting a list message when
trust is granted.

Doug