Where does the operational guidance go?   A simple review of actual
messages demonstrates that there is a need for guidance.   It would seem to
me that a sentence or two, elucidating principles and providing guidance
(not mandate), would solve the problem now.

If we leave it to each implementation to develop a policy, we are
implicitly hoping that none actually do.   If every implementation creates
its own definition of "inadequate signature", we will have an ugly mess.

DF

Doug