The worst case is a little worse than doubling the traffic. Consider the case that global traffic consists of N messages. It may happen that they are all for different <recipient domain, sending domain> pairs. In that case we have N aggregate reports, for 2N global traffic.

It can be a little worse than that if we consider that part or all of the original N messages can be aggregate reports themselves. (This should be avoided by sending reports from a subdomain which has a DMARC record with no rua= tag.)

Anyway, the point that traffic is bounded by a polynomial tells us that it's feasible, according to complexity theory.

Best

Ale