I would not want to use randomization or percentages to discard actionable
data.,

1)  When to send reports.
An actionable result is one which says "this server sent a message
without a verifiable and aligned DKIM signature".    This applies because:
- Any message can be subject to forwarding, so any attempt to move toward
"reject" implies a need to put DKIM signatures on every message.
- SPF results are overridden if DKIM is verified and aligned, because a
perfectly formed message can be SPF FAIL if forwarded without MailFrom
rewrite, or SPF Not Aligned if forwarded with MailFrom rewrite.

A report which has only DKIM PASS results can be called a "success
report".  It does not provide actionable data, and is therefore
unnecessary.   However, a system which never receives a report is at risk
of undetected configuration errors, so it becomes necessary to send
occasional success reports to protect against this risk.   We could
accomplish this with a SHOULD rule to send a success report, on a weekly
basis, to X% of domains that had only success results.   The success
reports will also allow the domain owner to identify and correct SPF policy
errors, if he has them.

2) What to include in reports
I have one reporting source that always reports a message count of 1,
without regard to the number of messages that I sent and he received.
 This helped me realize that there is no need to report quantity.   A
correctly configured server will apply a correct signature on every
message.  Whether the problem is uniform or random, all that the domain
owner needs to know is that a particular server is not signing correctly.

And as I have said before, collecting every signature adds unnecessary
complication to the reporting process, while adding no value to the domain
owner.   All that needs to be reported is one aligned signature, because
the domain owner's server only needs to apply one aligned signature.

These changes would reduce the overhead reporting, especially for smaller
organizations where the effort is not noise level.  They would also reduce
the risk of unwanted data leakage.

But I am willing to be convinced.  Can someone explain how success reports,
message counts, or unaligned signatures serve a domain owner purpose which
is relevant to DMARC?

Doug