Seth, your link led me to this link:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/email-authentication-dmarc-configure?view=o365-worldwide#how-microsoft-365-utilizes-authenticated-received-chain-arc

Which says,

"Microsoft 365 currently utilizes ARC to verify authentication results when
Microsoft is the ARC Sealer, but plan to add support for third-party ARC
sealers in the future."

My translation:

"When a Microsoft-hosted domain authenticates a message and then forwards
it to another Microsoft-hosted domain, Microsoft is able to recognize the
forward and not classify the message the message as a malicious
impersonation."

I cannot see how Microsoft needed ARC to accomplish this underwhelming feat.

DF