Douglas Foster wrote " My point was to only restate that "signed" is the
only truth that the DMARC policy can assert."

This is not true. If a sending domain provides a p=reject policy assertion
in their DMARC record, that is truth. They are not saying that fail always
means fraud. They are saying that mail which fails to pass either SPF or
DKIM is requested to be rejected (for whatever reason). Why do people keep
on trying to overload their personal interpretations on top of something
very simple and straight forward?

Michael Hammer