Personally, I prefer the latter of the two, quoted below.

"to preserve interoperability, domains SHOULD NOT publish p=reject unless they are
[not general purpose]* domains"

"Publishing DMARC records with restrictive policies does cause interoperability
problems for some normal email usage patterns. Potential impacts MUST be considered
before any domain publishes a restrictive policy."

These two combined address how p=reject interoperability risks are considered
on most [general purpose] domains today during implementation, while also
making well-known the damage that a strict policy can cause to [some types] of
indirect mail flow.