Anyone who does forwarding is damaged by DMARC because there are a lot of
people who do DMARC on the cheap with SPF only.

This brings up another issue, I think: that there should also be
stronger advice that using DKIM is critical to DMARC reliability, and
using SPF only, without DKIM, is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED.

Well, it depends whether you care whather people get your mail.

I'm trying to figure out where best to say this, but when you say p=reject, you are saying your mail is *not* important, and if there is any doubt about it, you want recipients to throw it away, even though some of your real mail will get lost.

In ADSP I made the equivalent policy "discardable" to reinforce this point. My co-authors weren't happy about it, but they couldn't disagree.

R's,
John