Thinking on this some more, there are some tricky design risks:

   - If the user-to-domain delegation scheme exposes an email address to
   the world, that information may be used for unwanted purposes, particularly
   increased spam volumes.   Hashing provides part of that solution.
    The ATSP document solves this problem by using a mix of hash and cleartext
   domain name, but we should not expose a cleartext username.

   - Hash algorithms are intended to create enough collisions so that
   reversing the hash is not practical, but the lookup process needs to ensure
   uniqueness so that a delegation record does not create unauthorized
   secondary delegations.   Similarly, the domain owner needs a way to clean
   up his DNS when an account is terminated.   This includes removing
   delegations for the terminated account without causing mistakes caused by
   hash collisions.   So some form of tiebreaker will be needed to
   ensure uniqueness.

Mitigation ideas:

   - A user-to-domain delegation always uses plus addressing.  This
   increases randomness of the hash process and adds complexity to
   hash-reversal attacks.   It also simplifies privacy recovery if the plus
   address is compromised.
   - The delegation record lookup uses a hash key based on the authorizing
   user and the signing domain concatenated together, and a secondary key
   based on the signing domain alone.   I don't know whether it will be better
   to look up the signing domain using hash or cleartext.
   - To handle the hopefully rare case where a hash collision still occurs,
   the domain owner creates multiple delegation records and assigns them a
   record number which is used internally to associate a specific record with
   a specific user account.

Doug