To continue with the example that I used with Hector yesterday:

You figure out that you need to configure this rule for a particular
mailing list:

"Subscriber evaluators need to trust any From address for messages that are
verifiably from the List Server's MailFrom address."

Of course, you only come to this realization AFTER a bunch of messages were
blocked, because your filtering product does not have a test mode for DMARC.

But then you realize that your filtering product also does not provide a
way to implement that rule at all.   So you turn off DMARC, get mad at
your vendor, and start looking for a vendor who does understand email
filtering.   But you never stop looking because there is not a vendor out
there that can do this.

So then you have to go to your management and say, "I know we are spending
$20 per employee per year for email filtering, but the vendors don't
understand Sender filtering, so we need a manpower commitment to build a
custom solution based on a freeware product called PostFix."

Within the last few weeks, I posted on a vendor forum that I could not use
his DMARC implementation because it did not provide an adequate exception
mechanism.   In all seriousness, the support moderator asked "Why would you
need an exception to DMARC Fail?"

This is my world.

Doug Foster