On Mon 31/Jul/2023 19:03:27 +0000 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 11:59 AM Murray S. Kucherawy <superu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

[...] the idea of demanding all lists the world over start munging From fields (or whatever mutation we claim is now mandatory) will not happen in short order no matter how much we wish it would.

Just to be clear, my point here is not to proscribe such a path forward, but rather to ensure that we have realistic expectations about the rollout of such a thing.

I think we need a mailing list observatory. I'd have wondered whether we can convince all lists to /stop/ munging under some conditions...

Besides the few MLs that we're personally subscribed to, I've no idea of any statistics, global indicator or anything like that. Any pointer?

Best