> Content filtering creates a need for whitelisting
> Any domain may require whitelisting, regardless of sender policy.
> Whitelisting is only safe if it is coupled with an authentication mechanism
> which prevents impersonation.
> Therefore, sender authentication, by a combination of local policy and sender
> policy, needs to be defined for all possible messages.

The last statement there is where things go off the rails.  No,
nothing has to work perfectly here, and mechanisms are useful and can
well be standardized even when they don't work in "all possible"
situations.

It's really important that we stop insisting on perfection or nothing,
as that's a false dichotomy.  What we have now is demonstrably useful
as *part of* an overall system.  We need to move forward with
finishing the document.

Barry