On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 9:51 AM OLIVIER HUREAU <
olivier.hur...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Assuming that the comma is an Oxford comma, I do interpret the sentence
> with the following boolean:
>
> ( 'retrieved policy record does not contain a valid "p" tag'  || contains
> an "sp" or "np" tag that is not valid ) && ( a "rua" tag is present and
> contains at least one syntactically valid reporting URI )
>
> Nevertheless, I forgot to add the "rua" tag in the previous email:
>
> > 'v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=quarantin;'  (an 'e' is missing at 'quarantine')
> MUST
> > be interpreted as 'v=DMARC1; p=none;' because the "sp" tag is not valid.
>
> Should be  :
>
>  'v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=quarantin; rua=mailto:r...@example.com'  (an 'e'
> is missing at 'quarantine') MUST
>  be interpreted as 'v=DMARC1; p=none;' because the "sp" tag is not valid.
>
> Regards,
> Olivier
> <olivier.hur...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> <jan.ba...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr>

Why would we even consider going down this path? Why do you only consider
"fixing" quarantine with a dropped "e"? Why don't you want to fix all the
other potential mispellings of quarantine? Should quarntine be a candidate
for "fixing"? If not, why not? What if someone includes "policy=q"in their
DMARC record?

If someone is getting RUA reports, monitoring logs, etc., spelling and/or
syntax mistakes should be identified fairly easily. Even something basic
like sending test emails to freemail providers and looking at headers on
the receiver side will quickly identify problems.

Michael Hammer