On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 9:33 AM Richard Clayton <rich...@highwayman.com>
wrote:

> >    The operator is making the decision to publish or enforce, not the
> >    user.
>
> Looking at $DAYJOB$ logs for this week I see a shade under 300 people
> who are participating in IETF working groups using p=reject addresses.
>
> I believe they have made an informed decision as to what email address
> they will use and have not "blundered" at all (in fact a couple look as
> if they have set up the email address specially in order to participate.
>
> (that was easy to count and it seemed relevant to do so, counting other
> mailing lists is complex)
>
> There are 5 or so in this group...
>
> Surely you are not going to ask them to leave.

IETF users are not the source of my concern.  It's the less savvy ones, who
tend to just want what they want and not have to concern themselves with
what they consider to be the operational minutiae of email, that I'm
highlighting here.

Even if you clearly present such information, I have doubts about how many
will read it, much less understand it.

When's the last time any of us actually read a EULA?

-MSK, participating