On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 1:47 PM Neil Anuskiewicz <n...@marmot-tech.com>
wrote:

> The fact that you aren't seeing failure reports doesn't mean they aren't
> being generated. My experience has been that they are being made available
> through 3rd parties where there is a contractual relationship.
> >
> > Michael Hammer
>
> Michael, then if you say that’s how it works via third parties then I
> believe you. I’m surprised I never knew that somehow. I always thought that
> the major MBPs sent their own aggregate and failure reports. I do learn
> something new every day but this one caught me off guard. What I have heard
> of is companies you could hire to manage your feedbacks for you as a
> service. The part I missed was these companies actually generating and
> sending failure reports receivers. I’ve not found a company with a quick
> web search but I’ll try again later. They don’t also send the agg reports
> for their clients to only failure reports? I will do a deeper web search
> later as now I’m feeling a bit of cognitive dissonance and so want to read
> up on how this service works.

Our original intent (I'm one of the folks behind DMARC) was that failure
reports would be provided to senders just like aggregate reports. This was
before GDPR and privacy concerns did a number on the practice. The
companies that provide the service of managing these FBLs for you typically
allow you to view and/or download the reports.

Michael Hammer