On Fri, 1 Mar 2024, Seth Blank wrote:
It seems OK but I would say that at this point that mailto: URI are the
only ones currently defined.

Participating, to this point. Throwing out an idea, that may be
spectacularly bad:

mailto: is the only function that's ever been used. We even discussed
exploring other mechanisms, and consensus was to drop that exploration. I
can't find the ticket quickly, but I know it was covered early on during
the bis work.

Do we just want to dramatically simplify this, and throw the "mailto:"; into
the reporting ABNF and call it a day? It would dramatically streamline the
text.

That would be fine with me. I proposed an http method similar to the one for mta-sts and everyone said no need, mail is plenty fast. I have mta-sts https set up and indeed, basically nobody uses it.

R's,
John