Hi Pierrick,

I agree that this is an interesting approach from research point of view. The
question
is how practical this is. Intelligence on the MN is ok, but to take a decision
about which
IP address to use, the MN needs information. If information is solely a binding
between the prefix
and the level of the associated anchor in a hierarchy of anchors, then the
MN may select a prefix/address according to the expected IP session duration to
avoid
a change in the topological anchor of the used IP address. Taking such decision
requires also
some information about the topology, which I doubt operators will reveal.
Important
here is the location of the anchor and the location of the used serving point.
Latter could
be a public Internet service, hence knowledge of the operator's IX peering
points may
be relevant. If the serving point is operator CDN-like, typically the MN is
served
by transparent caching, hence, the location of the cache is not known to the MN.

A different and pragmatic approach is to select the closest anchor point to
serve any IP session
of the UE and to provide a good solution to handle routing after anchor
relocation plus
renewal of the MN's IP address from time to time. IMO, such approach enables
short
routing paths between any source and the MN while offloading traffic from the
core
network as its best.

marco