Hi Sri:

Thank you for your response. Yes, I agree with you, coloring of prefixes
can be used this way, of course. I am just considering address selection
from DMM's point of view and a MIP client can distinguish a home prefix or
a local prefix already. Another question, supporting prefixes coloring is
a mandatory requirement for all IPv6 client?

BR
Luowen

Sri Gundavelli <sgund...@cisco.com>
2012/03/22 07:07

收件人
<luo....@zte.com.cn>, Marco Liebsch <marco.lieb...@neclab.eu>,
"c...@it.uc3m.es" <c...@it.uc3m.es>
抄送
<dmm-boun...@ietf.org>, "dmm@ietf.org" <dmm@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [DMM] 答复: Re:  New DMM draft:
draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring-00.txt

Hi Luowen,

Address selection is not the property of a MIP client. An host can obtain
IP addresses from different prefixes, each prefix has certain properties,
exactly as what IPv6 already has, link-local, global .. Now there
additional properties, local prefix/home network/CoA/HoA which are
mobility specific. So, this has nothing to do with PMIP or CMIP client,
but rather about coloring of prefixes and about evolving source address
selection rules.

Regards
Sri