On Jun 9, 2014, at 9:17 AM, Jouni wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2014, at 5:45 AM, Weixinpeng wrote:
>
>> Hi Jouni, all,
>> "
>>     .....The protocol solutions
>>     should be based on existing IP mobility protocols, either host- or
>>     network-based, such as Mobile IPv6 [RFC6275, 5555], Proxy Mobile IPv6
>>     [RFC5213, 5844] and NEMO [RFC3963]. However, mobility management in a
>>     limited area, such as within an autonomous system, is not strictly
>>     limited to mentioned IP mobility protocols but can be any existing or
>>     a new protocol solution enabling the movement of a mobile node such
>>     as routing protocols....."
>> As my understanding for this text, DMM work group aims to realize mobility
>> management by using/extending the existing host- or network-based protocols
>> for all the scenarios except for the limited area (relatively small network
>> as my understanding).  Right?
>
> The guidance above is to attempt to build on top of existing IP mobility
> protocols. However, if current IP mobility protocols are unfit for the
> desired use case or solution, then within a closed system i.e. not internet
> wide, basically anything goes such as routing based solutions or whatever
> folks come up with. Here the example was AS wide (which can be quite large
> actually). The key point the above tries to address is that whatever you do
> in your own administered network is your own business as long as it does not
> propagate to Internet.

Basically, this says "in limited scale, a non-MIP solution may be used".
The question, for sake of clarification, is:

- Is DMM WG supposed to work on such solutions as well?
- Or, are we just acknowledging the fact that there may be such solutions
outside the scope of DMM WG, and our solutions may have to co-exist with them.

Alper