Le 29/05/2015 20:21, Templin, Fred L a écrit :
Hi Alex,

-----Original Message-----
From: dmm [mailto:dmm-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Alexandru Petrescu
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 10:59 AM
To: Satoru Matsushima
Cc: dmm
Subject: Re: [DMM] vepc draft Rev. 04 - /62s to UE, not /64s

Le 29/05/2015 15:30, Satoru Matsushima a écrit :
Ah OK. thanks.
Slightly off-topic, I think that there is still chance for tethering
with single /64 if it is allocated as a off-link prefix.

Yes, there is still such a chance.  But it can not tether more than one
single subnet.  Connected vehicles need several subnets.

How would it be if the vehicle received a single prefix, but it could be
shorter than /64 (e.g., /56, /48. etc.)? Would the vehicle subnetting
be satisfied if it received a shorter prefix from which many /64s
could be allocated?

Certainly yes.

Each vehicle needs such a shorter-than-64 prefix allocated to it.

For example, an automobile connecting to LTE receives a /62 from the operator and makes four /64s out of it: one for its CAN-entertainment, one for its CAN-safety, one for its WiFi and one for its Bluetooth.

This is a MUST.

Allocating a single /64 to a vehicle can not accommodate all these unbridgeable subnets.

Alex

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com

Alex

But yes, I agree with you.

cheers,
--satoru

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM, Alexandru Petrescu