Le 30/04/2015 13:21, Joerg Reisenweber a écrit :
and here is more (sorry to link to the obvious):
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html  (possibly outdated, I didn't
check for a long time)
    Thanks Joerg, for recalling the link.

This FHS is nothing more than a summary of current practice; it does not contain any sound rationale. Adhering to this standard just means freezing forever an unsatisfactory file hierarchy which is like it is for historical reasons.

I don't want to make war against the FHS. I'm just considering that the FHS has little value and I don't care if Debian violates it and Devuan follows. They will do it in a way which is compatible with the expectation of applications.

    Didier