On 06/19/2015 11:16 AM, Jude Nelson wrote:
Whelp, looks like kdbus in systemd is no longer optional (but to be fair, its use can be disabled at runtime, and won't be used anyway if kdbus isn't present in the kernel).

Announcement: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-June/033170.html

Please pardon my lack of technical understanding, but for me this brings up a question.

If a Distro adds kdbus.ko module to its default kernel build, as encouraged, would it then make that kernel build systemd specific?

I obviously don't trust any move by Lennart Poettering and crew and wonder it this yet another hook to make systemd lock-in more secure.

Clarke