Le 22/07/2015 20:51, Steve Litt a écrit :
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:03:03 +0200
miro.ro...@croatiafidelis.hr wrote:

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:50:44AM -0400, Jude Nelson wrote:

If I was able to understand correctly, vdev works with dbus.

Vdev does not use dbus.  No idea how or why you came to this
conclusion. Search the code if you don't believe me.

-Jude
I believe you. You never appeared dishonest to me. And I'm very glad
that I was wrong!
Am I the only one who doesn't understand one word of this thread?

I'll say one thing though: Like miro.rovis, if I had my ideal system,
it would lack dbus. I was actually able to accomplish that with one
alternate-initted Manjaro-OpenRC. No dbus. I used oss instead of alsa,
and it worked great.

SteveT

Like you I mostly understood the wrong assertion that vdev was using dbus, and the answer.

Like you I would like to get rid of Dbus. This was invented to replace the own equivalents of Gnome and KDE, and I need neither Gnome nor KDE. But Dbus seems to have infected every other DE. At least Xfce4.

    Didier