> On 07/03/16 16:22, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just noticed that in Devuan after doing "Suspend" from the XFCE menu
>> bar, my primary network interface is reconfigured with a new
>> IP-Address retrieved via DHCP.  DHCP server logs confirm that.
>>
>> However, I have *not* configured any interface to use DHCP!
[..]
> something else is running dhclient or similar then...

> Do you have wicd installed?

You're right, wicd is the culprit here.

Removing all the wicd* packages, my interface now keeps its static IP
address during Suspend&Resume.  As a side effect, the XFCE tray has now
stopped to display networking status (I won't miss it).

thanks for the hint,

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F