richard lucassen wrote on 15/08/16 06:49:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:09:54 -0400
fsmithred <fsmith...@gmail.com> wrote:

Moved /etc/vdev/vdev (a symlink) up one level -
    I don't think that changed anything.

It should be at /etc/vdev

Changed pid file to /run/vdevd.pid -
    fdisk now shows the removable drive, I can mount and unmount it.
    mouse still doesn't work.
    vdev still fails at boot, but if I start it after logging in,
    it starts without error.

Hmm, that worked for me and Ralph IIRC. I don't have the Devuan machine

Oops. I completely forgot about the required edits of /usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf which is present in the snapshot but not in the debs. I've added:

cp {vdev-snapshot,}/usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf

to the script. My apologies.

Ralph.