Hi fsmithred,

On 08/15/2016 12:36 AM, fsmithred <fsmith...@gmail.com> wrote:
richard lucassen wrote on 15/08/16 06:49:
>On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:09:54 -0400
>fsmithred<fsmith...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>Moved /etc/vdev/vdev (a symlink) up one level -
>>     I don't think that changed anything.
>
>It should be at /etc/vdev
>
>>Changed pid file to /run/vdevd.pid -
>>     fdisk now shows the removable drive, I can mount and unmount it.
>>     mouse still doesn't work.
>>     vdev still fails at boot, but if I start it after logging in,
>>     it starts without error.
>
>Hmm, that worked for me and Ralph IIRC. I don't have the Devuan machine
Oops. I completely forgot about the required edits of
/usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf which is present in the snapshot but not in the
debs. I've added:

cp {vdev-snapshot,}/usr/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf

to the script. My apologies.

Ralph.

The content of the /root/vdev-initramfs is for regenerating the initrd.img; this is the reason why our keayboard and mouses still haven't control. Jude Nelson wrote:

/NOTE: These instructions are Debian- and Devuan-specific, and very hacky. Use at your own risk.//
//
//WARNING: Readers are expected to know how to fix a broken initramfs and a broken bootsystem if they try this.//
//
//Running `make && sudo make install` will get you most of the way towards installing vdev.//
//But to use it, you will need to disable udev,//
//enable vdev, and rebuild your initramfs to include vdev instead of udev.//
//
//On Debian and most Debian-derived distributions,//
//it is possible to generate an initramfs image with this command://
//
//$ cd example/ && make initramfs//
//
//This will generate an initramfs image in `example/`, which can be installed with your bootloader of choice.//
//
//To enable vdev and disable udev in the init system, the command is //
//
//$ cd example/ && make install-initscript//
//
//I'm still working on the packaging scripts that will do all of this automatically./

I'm working on that. Now i have a computer rebuilding the packages of linux-libre-4.6.2 with libudeb-compat-dev instead of libudev-dev, and i also rebuilt initramfs-tools [*]

Hope it works :)

  Aitor.

[*] You can generate the initrd.img running the /root/vdev-initramfs/tools/mkinitramfs of the snapshot sent by Ralph.