Svante Signell wrote on 26/08/17 16:57:
On Sat, 2017-08-26 at 06:51 +0100, Dave Turner wrote:

I have a working devuan ascii with no systemd no dbus no udev and no
pulseaudio on my old iMac. (no X11 either, but we'll come to that)
I installed eudev and then I deleted /etc/init.d/udev and rebooted.
udev is gone and is replaced by eudev. I left the udev files in place
in /etc /lib because no eudev files had appeared so I think eudev
makes use of the udev files. I felt disinclined to break the system
again by deleting them! But if anyone can confirm or deny that would
be nice.

Hi David,

You can check the contents of eudev yourself:
dpkg -L eudev
gives you the list of installed files.

It's also worth to note that many files in /lib/udev/rules.d belong to various other packages; they add their own configuration to udev in support of hotplugging their things. I think you do best in leaving them intact for eudev to use. Files in /etc/udev/rules.d are notionally your sysadmin's poetry, with site local configuration, and likewise, should probably be kept as well.

Ralph.