m712 <comeon@getbackinthe.kitchen> wrote:

> I'd really like to meet Richard Stallman in person.  I hope I can, someday.

I've met him briefly when he did a speaking tour in the UK.
He has a reputation for being direct and taking questions literally - and
that's how I found him. I assume it's just the way he is, some of us are like
that. I think that's part of the reason many people "dislike" him - if you
don't recognise that he's just being direct, some mike mistake it for rudeness.

But regardless of what you think of him, and his very rigid attitude to freedom
in software, without him (and others with similar views) we certainly would not
be where we are now.