Quoting zap (calmst...@posteo.de):

> Indeed! Without him who knows if the free software movement even would
> have started, let alone be as successful as it is...
>
> I may disagree on his views with certain things, but software freedom I
> most definitely agree with him on for most things.

When Richard was due to visit my then-firm Linuxcare in 1999, I
explained him to our sales staff (in an e-mail), by quoting George
Bernard Shaw's famous quip:  'The reasonable man adapts himself to the
world:  the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to
himself.  Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.'

(This was one of Shaw's Maxims for Revlutionists in his play _Man and
Superman_, http://www.bartleby.com/157/6.html .)

--
Cheers,                    "A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes
Rick Moen                  to be true he generally believes to be true."