On Saturday 09 December 2017 at 22:34:34, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> Somehow I have two dhcp configuration files:
>
> /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
>
> and
>
> /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> on my Devuan Jessie system, which was upgraded from Debian preJessie
> (I forget what that one was called)
>
> They have similar, but not identical contents.  Both have had items
> added locally to define permanent IP numbers, and not quite the
> same ones.

So, choose one of those corresponding to a machine on your network, find out
what IP address it has, and you'll know which configuration file was used to
allocate it.

> Which one of these should I be updating?  And which should I remove?
> Or is the story or complicated than that?

No, you should only have one (and my bet is that /etc/dhcpd.conf is the bogus
one).

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.