All,

Over the new year holiday I decided to debootstrap ascii on to our ARM-based vehicle router and have it working, which is good, however when installing openssh-server I notice that it pulled in libsystemd0:

root@orac:/# apt-get install openssh-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  krb5-locales libgssapi-krb5-2 libk5crypto3 libkeyutils1 libkrb5-3
  libkrb5support0 libsystemd0 libx11-6 libx11-data libxau6 libxcb1 libxdmcp6   libxext6 libxmuu1 ncurses-term openssh-client openssh-sftp-server ucf xauth
Suggested packages:
  krb5-doc krb5-user keychain libpam-ssh monkeysphere ssh-askpass molly-guard
  rssh ufw
Recommended packages:
  libpam-systemd
  krb5-locales libgssapi-krb5-2 libk5crypto3 libkeyutils1 libkrb5-3
  libkrb5support0 *libsystemd0* libx11-6 libx11-data libxau6 libxcb1 libxdmcp6
  libxext6 libxmuu1 ncurses-term openssh-client openssh-server
  openssh-sftp-server ucf xauth
0 upgraded, 20 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 3847 kB of archives.
After this operation, 14.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I'm not sure whether this is expected behavior for a system without systemd or not?

Mike