On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 05:32:04PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 02/01/2018 à 16:46, Hendrik Boom a écrit :

> >>     In which repository did you find roxterm? I can find rox-filer (which
> >>needs some hand-made configuration) in ASCII, but not roxterm.
> >I'm not sure.  Possibly somewhere Steve Litt recommended, but I no longer
> >know.  I'll investigate on the off chance I'll find out.
> >
> >If it's not in Devuan, obviously it's not a Devuan problem.
> >
>     roxterm is available in Devuan-Jessie/main, but not in Ascii.

Then I probably have it as a remnant from the jessie->ascii upgrade.
I have roxterm 2.9.5-1, consisting of three packages, roxtern,
roxterm-common, and roxterm-gtk3.

>     I tried to copy the 3 roxterm* packages from Jessie, but they have a
> dependency on libvte-2.90-9, while Asii has libvte-2.91-0.

roxterm-gtk3's dependencies include
    libvt2-90-9 (>= 1.14.0)
and the version of libvt2-90-9 I have is 1:0.36.3-1

> I don't think the
> two versions of the libvte can co-exist and don't know which one is
> installed on your system. In principle, either the old version is installed
> and prevents the installation of some other packages, or the new version is
> installed and your roxterm installation is broken.

All presumably left over from jessie.

libvte-2.91-0 is also installed, so there appears to be no conflict
there.

I suspect it'll be easier to try out the various alteranatives
others have suggested than to try to repackage roxterm.

-- hendrik