On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 06:03:21PM +0100, Irrwahn wrote:
> According to:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=roxterm&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> there are roxterm packages in Debian Jessie and Sid, but I have no
> clue why it was dropped from Stretch. Situations like this to me
> smell like negligent package maintenance

Yes, it is negligent package maintenance -- both upstream and in-Debian
maintenance.  To get roxterm back, you'd need to step up for both positions.

Stuff won't fix itself...

In the meantime, you can use one of remaining terminals.  I see 31 that
declare Provides:x-terminal-emulator, and a wild guess is that only around
half of available terminals declare this tag.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple