Hi!
It looks like there's a chance to improve !systemd in Debian proper, which
would greatly reduce your diff and the risk that one day you'd need to patch
thousands of packages.  It'd require knowing how to handle stuff that
currently requires logind.

Thus: could you guys please prioritize work on elogind or some alternative?

I'm sadly not knowledgeable about logind enough to do such evaluation on my
own; doing enough learning to be competent costs a lot of time -- and, as I
understand, you folks are going to do this anyway.  It'd be great if I could
mooch on your work.

The sooner -shim gets killed and replaced, the better chance that buster is
an adequate base for beowulf.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple