On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:41:40 +0100, J. wrote in message
<022bc517b4f405d3419202c35b0b1...@fahrner.name>:

> Am 2018-02-13 13:30, schrieb J. Fahrner:
> > My .xsession-errors has the following warning
> >
> > dbus-update-activation-environment: systemd --user not found,
> > ignoring --systemd
> >  argument
> >
> > Any ideas what's causing this? Is there some wrong config file
> > around?
>
> Found 2 files in /etc/X11/Xsession.d which call
> dbus-update-activation-environment with --systemd argument

..I found one:  root@d44:~# cat /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90qt-a11y
# -*- sh -*-
# Xsession.d script to set the env variables to enable accessibility
for Qt #
# This file is sourced by Xsession(5), not executed.

QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1

export QT_ACCESSIBILITY QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON

if [ -x "/usr/bin/dbus-update-activation-environment" ]; then \
        dbus-update-activation-environment --verbose --systemd \
        QT_ACCESSIBILITY QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON
fi

..I take it we need to watch dbus too.

..my recommendation now, is install _both_ apt-listchanges _and_
apt-listdifferences _and_ chk the output of _both_ until we come
up with a better way to keep systemd etc tricks out of our boxes.

..apt-listchanges only shows whatever our true friends over at Debian
adds to the Changelogs, apt-listdifferences will fetch source packages
and diff those against the previous version so we can search and find
whatever made it into the source packages.

..this above of course leaves the binary blob and Ken Thompson style
compiler hack etc attacks, but we'll inch one wee step closer to where
we need to go.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: