On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:35:42 +0100
Irrwahn <irrw...@freenet.de> wrote:

> J. Fahrner wrote on 13.02.2018 14:55:
> > Am 2018-02-13 13:50, schrieb Irrwahn:

> > But wouldn't it be nice to have a patch-script,
> > which locates all known files containing "systemd" and patches them
> > to remove this systemd stuff after installation?
> >

> Please feel free to correct me, but I don't believe it's that simple.
> First off, someone would have to locate all these instances, and
> verify it's safe to patch them, and how, and keep that list up to
> date and operational on each iteration of every affected package, all
> while taking into account any possible cross-package side effects.
> Secondly, that script would have to be run after every system
> upgrade, no matter how minor or trivial.

The program probably wouldn't take long to run.

> But for the sake of argument let's assume some volunteer (maybe
> you? :-)) stepped up to maintain such a beast: What would be the
> benefit gained by it? Avoiding some benign informational log
> messages?

Urban, back in 2013 I faced a sort of mini-systemd situation: I kicked
every KDE executable and library off my system, on the theory that if
any KDE code got run, it could do heaven knows what to my system,
because KDE is a hairball of monolithic entanglement. I was lucky for
KDE's self-imposed naming scheme that taught me to be careful of
anything starting with k. Still, it would be very nice to run a program
whose output is a list of KDE components remaining on the computer, so
if I find one, I can de-install its package and/or delete its files.

This would be even more handy with systemd, because systemd's a worse
problem, and because systemd hasn't named programs and components for
easy extermination.

The original poster suggested the program also uninstall found systemd
components. I think that's better done manually, after thoughtful
reflection.

SteveT